Friday, June 16, 2006

England's World Cup campaign

Well the 2-0 win over Trinidad & Tobago was hardly the resounding success that we all thought it was going to be. Average play throughout most of the game and then about 10 minutes at the end where it actually got interesting.

It's a bit sad if we have to rely on Wayne Rooney to win a game comfortably. And the next game against Sweden is likely to be the hardest in our group....

.... plus with Sweden's win against Paraguay we need to beat Sweden or at least draw with them to avoid meeting Germany in the second round. It's going to be nail-biting on Tuesday I think.

On the positive side I got absolutely leathered last night at Via Fossa and met 6 new people, which was great fun - although I've had a few random messages today on my phone, which makes me wonder what I was saying!!!

No comments: