Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sweden:- Semi-final 3


The third Swedish semi-final took place in Örnsköldsvik on Saturday night. The two songs that have qualified to the national final are below.
Måns Zelmerlöw - Cara Mia
Clearly suffering from the Tornerò effect, this is another high-nrg dance song, belted out by a cute guy with a fantastic voice. On it's plus side this is the sort of thing that would do very well at Eurovision and I'd secretly quite like it to be the Swedish entry. On the downside, it does leave you kind of thinking the Swedes wish they'd entered Tornerò last year!
Sebastian - When The Night Comes Falling
In case you were in any doubt of there being a lack of schlager in the Swedish national final, fear not as here's another schlager by numbers track sung by your camp mate you're secretly embarrassed by. Nope... next...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

After not having the good sense to send BWO to Athens last year, the Swedes now have one last chance to prevent my lifelong boycott of IKEA sending Måns to Helsinki.
I'm utterly besotted by this combination of song, artist and performance - I cheered myself hoarse watching on Saturday, the YouTube has since been played to death and Mr. Zelmerlöf now adorns my desktop in all his glory (though, alas, not ALL his glory).
Suffice to say, I'm starting to feel a new empathy with those celebrity stalkers...

Chris said...

Haha... as a special treat for you I've uploaded his song as an mp3 in a new post... now you can enjoy Måns the MAN singing into your ears any time day or night!